IR Pledge Program
The IR Pledge Program is designed to recognize the excellence in investor relations practices by companies listed in Hong Kong Stock Exchange and provides an invaluable opportunity to:
- promote the importance of investor relations profession, and
- raise awareness and understanding of the investor relations community
How does the program work?
The IR Pledge Program commences in the second half of 2021. Interested listed companies can join by application or by invitations from HKIRA. HKIRA will review each application based on a variety of criteria. For all qualified applicants, HKIRA IR Pledge Certificates will be awarded. The IR Pledge status will last for 1 year and must be renewed annually thereafter.
To become a qualified applicant, companies must adopt HKIRA IR best practices and guidelines to demonstrate their continuous commitment in Investor Relations. Corporate member status is a requirement for application.
Who can join the Program?
- A corporate member of HKIRA at the time of application
- The company demonstrated its commitment to best investor relations practice by fulfilling the following criterion which are not exhaustive:
(i) has at least one full-time dedicated IR staff
(ii) The company has posted its shareholder communication policy on its website
(iii) C-levels or senior management attend investor meetings regularly
(iv) maintaining good relationships with different stakeholders through various channels
From the 2nd year renewal and onwards, participating company are required to:
- Be a valid corporate member of HKIRA at the time of renewal
- Commit to follow best practices in investor relations laid out by HKIRA
- Obtained 5 CPD hours of professional and networking events organized by HKIRA during the previous year
What benefits does the program offer?
All the companies that are currently under the IR Pledge will be listed on the HKIRA’s website. HKIRA will grant authorization to use the HKIRA IR Pledge logo on company / IR’s website, business cards, letterheads, email footers, signatures, financial reports, other published materials etc.
Ultimately, IR Pledge Program aims to set a new market benchmark in the investment community and act as a key identifier for investors to recognize companies which are willing to devote more resources in IR.
HKIRA regularly hosts a variety of seminars, workshops and social networking events for IR practitioners. Companies who have joined the IR Pledge Program have the priority to be invited as speakers to share their IR best practice with the IR/investor community.
For a selective group of pledge companies which have performed well in the previous IR award, HKIRA will construct and Excellent IR Service Benchmark based on the IR achievement of these companies. The constituent companies of the benchmark will serve as the gold standard for other companies to follow in terms of best practice of IR. Working with the Research Institute for Business at Hang Seng University, an IR intelligence report together with the IR Service Benchmark will enhance information transparency for IR practice in Hong Kong and Mainland China, leading to a higher quality of IR practice for the region.
Supports from HKIRA
HKIRA is committed to the ongoing improvement of the program. At any time, companies who are under HKIRA IR Pledge are welcome to contact HKIRA, which is to provide support, identify opportunities and troubleshoot issues and work with members to make ongoing adjustments to keep the IR Pledge Program thriving.
Annual subscription at HK$3,800 plus HK$1,000 application fee
List of Companies under IR Pledge
(Arranged in sequence of stock code)
- HSBC Holdings Plc (Stock code: 5)/
- Sa Sa International Holdings Limited (Stock code: 178)
- China Resources Beer (Holdings) Company Limited (Stock code: 291)
IR Contact: Mr. Kevin Leung Title: Investor Relations Director and Company Secretary Email: Kevin.email@example.com Phone: +852 2360 9608 Website: https://www.crbeer.com.hk/home/investorrel/corporategove/
- Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited (Stock Code: 388)/
- Fortune Real Estate Investment Trust (Stock code: 778)
- Link Real Estate Investment Trust (Stock code: 823)
- Midland Holdings Limited (Stock code: 1200)/
- Xtep International Holdings Limited (Stock code: 1368)
IR Contact: Ms. Sophia Wong Title: Director of Investor Relations and Corporate Communications Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: + 852 2152 0333 Website: https://www.xtep.com.hk/en/ir/presentations.php Video: http://www.hkira.com/en/membership/irpledge_xtep.php
- Canvest Environmental Protection Group Company Limited (Stock code: 1381)
- Chow Tai Fook Group Limited (Stock code: 1929)
IR Contact: Ms. Danita On Title: Director of Investor Relations and Corporate Communications Email: email@example.com Phone: (852) 2524 3166 Website: https://www.ctfjewellerygroup.com/en/investor-relations/dashboard.html
- Regina Miracle International (Holdings) Limited (Stock code 2199)
- ANTA Sports Products Limited (Stock code: 2020)
- Shenzhou International Group Holdings Limited (Stock code 2313)/
- Champion Real Estate Investment Trust (Stock code 2778)
IR Contact: Ms Amy Luk Title: Investment and Investor Relations Director Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: +852 2879 1288 Website: https://www.championreit.com/investor-relations/financial-summary
(Arranged in alphabetical order)
- Association of Family Offices in Asia
- CFA Society Hong Kong
- Financial Services Development Council
- Hong Kong Securities and Investment Institute
- Research Institute for Business of Hang Seng School