Please note that if you do not provide us with your personal data (or relevant personal data relating to persons appointed by you to act on your behalf) we may not be able to provide the information, events, services or products you have asked for or process your requests, applications, subscriptions or registrations.
Purpose of Collecting Personal Data
From time to time we may collect your personal data including but not limited to your name, postal address, telephone number, email address, date of birth and login name for the following purposes:
- to process your applications, subscriptions and registration for our events, services and products;
- to provide you with our events, services and products and administer your account in relation to such events, services and products;
- to conduct research and statistical analysis;
- any purpose relating to or in connection with compliance with any law, regulation, court order or request of a regulatory body
- other purposes directly relating to any of the above.
Main Purposes of Keeping Personal Data
The main purposes for which personal data is held by HKIRA is as follows:
- Membership, Survey and HKIRA Activities Participation Records are kept for communications and marketing purposes such as processing applications, distributing circulars, publications, research materials, market information, as well as promoting the HKIRA activities.
- Personnel records of employees are kept for human resource management purposes, relating to such matters as statutory requirements, employees' terms of employment, performance appraisal, providing references, discipline and termination.
- Other records are kept for various purposes which vary according to the nature of the record, such as administration of office functions and activities, seeking advice on policy or operational matters, organizing and delivering promotional, educational and training activities, acquisition of services, subscription of publications, handling of public complaints and enquiries, etc.
Transfers of Personal Data
Your personal data may be:
- transferred and made available to appropriate persons, including but not limited to any director, officer or employee of us and only when carrying out the business of HKIRA, or any person (such as lawyers, advisors, etc.) authorized by us and only when carrying out the business of the HKIRA, in Hong Kong or elsewhere and in this regard you consent to the transfer of your data outside of Hong Kong;
- supplied to event co-organizer, notified to you in related announcement of the event, and at the time of registration;
- supplied to any agent, contractor or third party who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer, payment, debt collection, data processing or other services to HKIRA in Hong Kong or elsewhere; and
- other parties as notified to you at the time of collection.
Personal information collected about you will not be disclosed by us to any other party in a form that would identify you, other than for the above mentioned purpose.
Retention of Personal Data
Access and Correction of Personal Data
Under the PDPO, you have the right to ascertain whether we hold your personal data, to obtain a copy of the data, and to correct any data that is inaccurate. You may also request us to inform you of the type of personal data held by us. If you wish to access or correct your personal information held by us, please contact us by email at email@example.com.
A reasonable fee may be charged to offset our administrative and actual costs incurred in complying with your data access requests.
Where you have given your consent and have not subsequently opted out, we may also use your name, postal address, telephone number and email address to send promotional materials to you and conduct direct marketing activities in relation to HKIRA events, education programs and services, and other services offered or supported by HKIRA.
If you do not wish to receive any promotional and direct marketing materials from us or do not wish to receive particular types of promotional and direct marketing materials or do not wish to receive such materials through any particular means of communication, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.To ensure that your request can be processed quickly please provide your full name, and email address subscribed.
Information Collected When You Visit Our Websites
Statistics on visitors to our websites - When you visit our websites, we will record your visit only as a “hit”. The webserver makes a record of your visit that includes your IP addresses (and domain names), the types and configurations of browsers, language settings, geo-locations, operating systems, previous sites visited, and time/duration and the pages visited (webserver access log).
We use the webserver access log for the purpose of maintaining and improving our websites such as to determine the optimal screen resolution, which pages have been most frequently visited etc. We use such data only for website enhancement and optimization purposes.
We do not use, and have no intention to use the visitor data to personally identify anyone.